Youth End-of-Season Celebration
The 2019 Youth League End-of-Season Celebration is just around the corner. Let’s celebrate! Each year, Bays celebrates our U12-U18 teams with a recognition and awards ceremony. Parents are welcome to join their players as we look back over the soccer season. The focus of this FREE event is to recognize the achievements of our players and say thank you to coaches and supporters. Seating is arranged so that teams will be seated together. Parent seating is ‘as available,’ so we suggest early arrival.
|DATE:||Wednesday, April 10, 2019|
|LOCATION:||Oak Bay High School Auditorium|
|EVENT:||6-8 PM (suggested arrival at 5:30 to collect draw prize tickets and find arranged seating)|
|*U18 GRADS:||8 PM – U18 Graduate Reception (including U17 players on U18 teams, team officials and parents—Oak Bay Recreation Centre Sports View Lounge)|
To help make this event a success, we require help from the Bays community. Here are some specific areas of help needed.
We are hopeful that each team will solicit at least three items that can be used as draw prizes throughout the evening. More prize donations collected will increase the odds of winning for players. No donation is too small. Anything from a $5 Booster Juice gift card, $10 Starbucks gift card to a $25 gift certificate to your favorite restaurant.
A business solicitation letter is available here. This letter can be emailed to businesses asking for their support and/or you can print it off and deliver it in person.
Once you approach a business, please make note here, so we don’t duplicate requests. Please forward all solicited items to the end of year organizing committee by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 1, 2019.
We are in need of parent and youth volunteers to make this event a success. We have a variety of roles for parents and the following for youth volunteers:
- 10 youth volunteers to assist as ushers, check-in registration, assistance on stage, hosting the refreshments, and clean up
- 6-8 youth volunteers who would like a public speaking opportunity to assist with presenting the teams
- 1-2 youth volunteers to help run the AV presentation (PowerPoint slide show)
- All youth volunteers must show up at 5pm and stay until 9pm when event concludes—and each will receive a letter from Bays for the volunteer hours contributed
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to help out.
ACTION ITEMS FOR COACHES/TEAMS:
- Photos: Please make sure to submit photos of your team as soon as possible to .
- RSVP: Space will be limited so please get a head count from your team and pass along numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we have room for everyone.
- Coach Comments: Can each coach to send a few comments about their team for the team introduction (i.e. highlights, humorous moments) while they come on stage. Please include coach name, team name and level, and your comments to me at email@example.com.
- Award Nominations: Please provide your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 20, 2019. There will be no player certificates, or other player specific recognition as part of the team procession. We encourage teams to hold separate team parties for this type of personal recognition.
- Please do your part to help make this event a success. If team officials are not able to participate, please find a parent to help organize the team.