Criminal Record Check Process
All adult volunteers working with youth in BC are required by law to complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) prior to beginning any volunteer activities. Team assignments will not be made until the coach applicant meets the conditions noted below. Read the following FAQs for details. If you have more questions, email Riskman@BaysUnited.ca.
- I have submitted my online application to the Criminal Record Review Program (CRRP) using the instructions found at the CRC Process page. What happens now?
Your results will go automatically to the Risk Director and your application will be processed once received.
- I have a current CRC with Bays United (or a copy acquired elsewhere). Do I have to do it again?
Bays policy is to update CRC clearance every three years. If you have a CRC clearance letter that falls within the 3 year timespan, please email Riskman@BaysUnited.ca to share your copy. Your application will not be processed until this is received.
- My CRC application requires fingerprints, what is the process?
CRRP will have sent instructions. Please visit your local police department and email Riskman@BaysUnited.ca with your fingerprint date (MM/DD/YYYY) and the 7-digit number the CRRP sent you. Your application will not be processed until your fingerprints are taken and submitted to the CRRP.
I coach for an Adult team, do I need to go through the CRC process?Coaches for adult teams that are able to call up youth players do require Bays CRC clearance. Coaches of ‘age-up’ teams that would never have youth players (i.e. Over-30’s, 35’s, 40’s and 55’s) do not require a CRC.
- How long is my completed CRC good for?
A Bays CRC clearance letter is only good for 3 years. Coaches/volunteers can check their profile to see when theirs expires.
- I do not require a CRC as I am an Alternate Contact only and have no contact with youth players that I am not related to.
Please email this circumstance to Riskman@BaysUnited.ca. Your application will not be processed until this is received. Confirmations will be made with the head coach of your team and a declaration may be required.
- I do not require a CRC as I am a minor (U19) working under the supervision of an adult coach.
Please email this circumstance to Riskman@BaysUnited.ca. Your application will not be processed until this is received.