Coaches and Team Officials
Bays United FC Coaches are our most important volunteer group. Some are trained coaches, some are experienced players and others are parents willing to invest time and energy to help Bays players enjoy outdoor activity in a lively team sport. The following are resources you may find helpful.
Applying to Coach
- If you would like to volunteer as a team official, including Coach, Assistant Coach or Manager, please create an account in our registration system. Once you have created your account, be sure to click on the “Volunteer Now!” bar on the menu. Coaches receive ongoing support from our Technical team and have the opportunity to take BC Soccer Association courses to develop their coaching skills. Please note that all coaches need to submit a Criminal Record Check before being assigned to a team.
Code of Conduct
- Read what is expected of Bays United coaches in our Code Of Conduct For Coaches.
Coaching Resources & Supports
- Visit our Coach Development webpage to access supports and courses
- Read about our Coach Appreciation Program
Concussion Protocols & Tools
- Concussion Recognition Protocol Tool
- Concussion Tool Kit (FREE online course)
- SCAT 3: Child 5–12 Sports Concussion Assessment Tool
- NEW: CATT Concussion Incident Report (fillable form)
- NEW: Bays United Injury Reporting (fillable form)
- NEW: Bays United Incident Reporting (fillable form)
Share Information With Parents
- All coaches are strongly encouraged to have a meeting with parents at the beginning of each season. Find a suggested meeting agenda here.
- We have several resources that parents will find useful on our Parent Information page. Feel free to refer parents to the website if they have questions that can answered there.
Who to Contact
Knowing who to contact and for what will help get your questions answered fast.
|Team lists, player movement, league schedule, rules/policies, general questions||House Coordinators (age specific)
House League VP
Youth League VP
|Game and practice field scheduling||Field Scheduler|
|Ordering and distribution of BUFC team
equipment and uniforms
|Technical coaching advice and support||Technical Director|
|Club and academy registration, withdrawals and refunds||Program Administrator|
|Referee related issues (i.e. no show)||Referee Coordinator|
|Coaching, coach education and certification and any coaching concerns||Coaches/Teams/Players Director|
(see Communications Guidelines)